Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. --my first wedding!

I was blessed and honored to be trusted by my good friend and neighbor to take their wedding photos. I was nervous for WEEKS beforehand, worried about messing up or missing shots. But I started praying, for the perfect wedding weather and also that I would use this gift God has given me for His glory. The day went off without a hitch, the weather was perfect, the bride and groom and their friends/families were awesome to work with, and I absolutely give all praise and honor to God for answering my prayers! My amazing husband and wonderful sister were my backup, and some of these shots are ones they took and shared with me. I am so grateful to everyone who supported and encouraged me and had faith in me when my nerves took over and I worried too much.

On to the pictures!!!

She wore boots with her wedding dress--so awesome!
My sister made her bouquet...



You might remember their engagement pictures.

The best man played and sang as they walked in.






And he sang another song for them during the ceremony. (He's really good!)
The bride's sister read a special poem.









I present to you Mr. and Mrs.!!!

Making it official...
awww! This was my baby nephew's first wedding.

My sister also made the wedding cake. My picture does not do it justice, the reception room was dim (great ambient light for eating, terrible for pictures, LOL). But this cake was gorgeous AND delicious!!! Red velvet with buttercream icing between the layers. Yummmmm.
We all had such an awesome time helping these two get ready for their wedding. It's hard to believe it's already over! Mr. and Mrs. GreatNeighbors, I wish you tremendous love and much happiness in your new life together! I pray for God's blessings on your marriage. Thank you for trusting me with photographing your wedding and for sharing the last piece of cheesecake with me. : )

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Cara, you did AWESOME. I can' wait to see a few more and see how you edit them. These are just incredible. Oh I see the beginning of a wonderful NEW career. Congratulations ...to you and to them!

Anonymous said...

Ms. C- AMAZING, AMAZING,AMAZING!!!!!!! Just the few I pictures I have seen I have loved every one! I can't wait to see the rest. So impressive, your eye for the perfect moment, the perfect second which creates the perfect memory to hold near and dear to my heart. I would hire you again in a heart beat to take more photos! You were professional, quick to get the perfect shot, and so wonderful in working with all my family and friends. I think you knew most of their names by the time the ceremony was done- how many photographers can do that???!! You have the talent- which was never a doubt in my mind. I trusted you to get the pictures, and once again you delivered! Congrats on shooting your first wedding! Awesome!! Bride Celery

Unknown said...

You are amazing.

Vonnie said...

Cara,
You did a great job! You prayed, God helped you and you gave HIM the glory! Beautiful pictures!