Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Engagement Session

This was my very first engagement session, and I was excited about it for WEEKS before the day finally arrived! These are very good friends of ours, which made the whole evening very relaxed and enjoyable (even when I realized that my camera battery was dead and I didn't have my spare with me--AAAGH!).
I love how he's looking at her in this one, and his hand on her back... *sigh!*



We finished the "dress" pictures (partly because of the dead battery, dangit), got a fresh battery and an outfit change and headed to The Hangin' Tree Saloon. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, I had never been there but it sounded fun, so we went to check it out.

While they were sitting on the rail, the people sitting on the benches outside started hootin' and hollerin' a little and teasing them. It was so funny!
One of the...*ahem*...gentlemen sitting near me suggested we go inside and take a picture by one of the signs. I knew how dark it would be in there, but we went in anyway to humor him. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that there was a back door and an outdoor bar area with gorgeous light, so we headed out!

On our way back in, he saw the flag and said We've got to do one by the flag. I aim to please, so I started adjusting my camera settings, had him lean against the table and called her over by me. I whispered, "There's a really cute guy over there checking you out; you should go talk to him." She laughed, which is what I wanted, but they both played along and had FUN, and we got one of my most favorite shots ever...

Then it was time to head across to the abandoned farm property, so we could race and try to get a sunset picture.
Then we wandered over to the little stone building, where they stood talking...

...and ALMOST forgot I was there! ; )

This shot was his idea. He found the rusty old piece of equipment and pulled her into his lap, and we ended up with another favorite shot.
I love his hat propped on his boot!

When I got home and was showing the pictures to my husband, he said, "Those are so good they make me want to get married again." awww! I definitely agree, they make me feel that too, but for him to say that...well, he got some extra kisses that night! ; )

THANK YOU, my two wonderful friends, for allowing me to take your engagement pictures, for being such awesome friends, and for not being irritated about the whole battery thing...I am so excited for your wedding!!!

1 comment:

Celery50 said...

A comment from an extremely satisfied customer. I have some experience in photography myself- but find it hard to take my own engagement photos. I believe there is no one else in the world who could have captured our personalities like C.lyn did. She was AMAZING!!! She took well over 100 photos- usually for a photographer to get five to seven awesome shots is great- when I looked over all the photos- almost all of them were incredible. That is almost unheard of. I can tell you she is one of the best photographers I have ever worked with- you won't be disappointed if you choose her to document your special moments in time.